EternaVerse
The Forum

Msg says Fatal Error

Let all testers post any questionns, concerns, and feedback for the development to process here.

Msg says Fatal Error

Postby Scourge » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:42 pm

So I was playing and on top of the screen I saw some text, it was overlaying the background so I couldn't really see it, but I haven't seen it before. Then I go to change the game page and I get

Fatal error: Call to undefined method template::getplanets() in /home/eterna/public_html/testgrounds/includes/pages/ShowOverviewPage.php on line 118

So, not sure what that is but I get it whenever I try to open the Testgrounds for the past few tries, refreshing doesn't work, going to the main page doesn't work. Its odd for me XD I'm not a computer whiz.
Scourge

Re: Msg says Fatal Error

Postby Scourge » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:27 pm

So I still have the thing but I experimented.

I can log in just fine, and all the screens open with the same msg on top of the screen. But the overview just gives the msg in a white screen, and the list of planets on the bottom is gone as well.
Scourge

Postby Scourge » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:25 am

And today its gone @@ oh well lol.
Scourge

Postby Eterna » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:48 pm

sorry, was working on a bunch of things.

You'll note some major changes today in regards to the combat engine.
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby Scourge » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Thats good XD maybe I won't lose so many ships when attacking only sats lol.
Scourge

Postby Scourge » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:34 pm

Sooo, something happened again, it says FATAL, and I assume it ends with ERROR lol, you'll see.

This time its different though, I got a massive amount of text, you can see it in the pic, as well as the error msg which I focused on.

Happened after I ordered a moon shot via planet options.

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo25 ... e85691.png

And I try to like refresh and it keeps popping up. And when I try to log in it gives that same page again so it can't be dodged like the previous one could be.

And I think the error has just shown me how the combat engine works @@ its like, current shield, current life, deffender count etc.
Scourge

Postby Scourge » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:37 pm

and now its gone @@
Scourge

Postby Eterna » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:10 pm

lol can you try and repeat it and copy the text?

you just got to see the direct output of the combat engine - I can tell you it is COMPLETELY different than the one before.
That output was the results of the first round. The current combat engine in Tor is basically just as the display of the combat report shows...blocks of ships fighting blocks of ships.
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby Scourge » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:46 pm

I copied the msg just in case you'd ask for it XD

And I'll try to reproduce it tomorrow. I'll also put the msg up tomorrow, it's lengthy though @@ in Microsoft word it took a bunch of pages. If you want it secretive I can msg it to you or email it to you as an attachment.
Scourge

Postby Scourge » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:35 pm

I just qued up more moonshots and the same thing came back. And the jgrowl text ((think that's it, the red text near the middle of the overview)) won't go away since the fatal error thing first came up
Scourge

Return to Testground Feedback