EternaVerse
The Forum

Ghost messages

Let all testers post any questionns, concerns, and feedback for the development to process here.

Ghost messages

Postby Scourge » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:36 pm

It says this bug has been fixed, but I have it saying there are 4 new messages and I've done the read all a few times and it stays up. So guess its not fixed yet.
Scourge

Re: Ghost messages

Postby Eterna » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:08 pm

There is still an issue with timestamps matching - the moonshot in testgrounds takes only 10 sec for example.

Every tester claimed it was fixed, based off their own methods of recreating the bug.
First, are you viewing messages by category or by view all?

Second, are you deleting select messages or are you deleting all of the same type?

Third, and the biggy, how are you creating the messages?

It's been established that the bug with missing personal messages, missing circular messages, missing build reports, missing fleet landing reports, and the missing attack messages have been fixed.

We plan on changing the message system entirely as a 1 second timestamp allows for a degree of error, especially with many more users.
Eterna
Site Admin

Re: Ghost messages

Postby Scourge » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:01 am

I believe it was in system messages, can't recall where since it just said I have a message but didn't say where. I was harvesting a debris field a lot of times when it happened. I just look in the system messages but when the notification didn't go away I looked at all messages. I'm also not deleting messages purely out of laziness.

And I have no idea on how to recreate it, I haven't stopped harvesting and it hasn't happened again.
Scourge

Return to Testground Feedback