EternaVerse
The Forum

Development Update!

Post all mobile phone suggestions here.

Development Update!

Postby Eterna » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:49 pm

Just wanted to keep everyone up to speed on what is going on in the development side!

Currently there is a rather important bug identified in the ACS Attack mission. I am working on not only correcting this, but adding a damage display.
There will be some discussions opened on certain details, as I get to each point in the rewrite, but this all will take some time.
This is a critical component of EternaVerse, so this must be fixed before we can even think of leaving Beta!

In the meantime, I am working with three other people on a much improved combat system, with a large number of improvements/changes.
As this work progresses, I will release details.

Whenever I hit a wall, I work on other projects. This means that back burner ideas get pulled out and re-examined. Lately I've had a great deal of help from another coder who is joining the project, so with his assistance a lot of ideas are coming to fruition.

Here's what's coming:
(Mods, please track down the posts and link em below for me, thanks)

Reversal of the Market - Done!
Planet Classes - Done!
Hard Scripted Bashing Prevention - Done!
Building/Research Completion Notification - Done!
Lottery System - Done!

What's showing promise and nearing completion:
Mercenary/Bounty System
Population Resource, buildings and techs
New Officers, and expanded usage of others
Message Option - Insert CR Link
Missile and Mine Weapons Tech
Ally Target (alliance member or on buddylist) Buy a Moonshot option
Debris Field Detector Building
Achievements System

What's planned or work in progress:
Alternate Options for Statistic Banner
Resources Page Expansion
Built-in Alliance Forum, In-Game Forum, and in-game Wiki
Eterna
Site Admin

Re: Development Update!

Postby Lightning » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Good to know. Thanks for the updates!
_________________________Head Forum Moderator_________________________Image
Lightning

Postby Eterna » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Expansion - detailed descriptions:

Reversal of the Market - Done!
Dark Matter is posted with a Requested Amount. There is a 25% inflation cap, and the minimum amount you can ask for will be shown live on the page.

Planet Classes - Done!
Planets will be assigned a class when first colonized - that class will define the resource bonuses and shortages. There will also be a way to change planet class, but for a price.

Hard Scripted Bashing Prevention - Done!
Just as it says, a built in prevention script that will not allow you to attack more than the bashing rules allow. Also working to have it so War clearly takes the prevention off the target alliance.

Building/Research Completion Notification - Done!
A message is sent to you when a planet completes a Building or you finish Researching a technology.

Lottery System - Done!
Another daily reward - a drawing taken amongst those who buy a ticket.

What's showing promise and nearing completion:
Mercenary/Bounty System
The ability to post a price on another player's head - set a price for the amount of damage you want inflicted. A player accepts and can then earn the reward.

Population Resource, buildings and techs
A new resource that will be required for defenses, ships, and buildings. There will be a production building, an improved production building, a technology, and an officer.

New Officers, and expanded usage of others
Cloning Officer (tied to population resource)
Terra-forming Officer (tied to planet classes, each level unlocks more classes to change to)
Astrophysics Officer (increases Expedition and Investigation missions)
A few more details I'll wait to announce... ;)

Message Option - Insert CR Link
Similar to a URL button here in the forum, this option would allow players to send a CR easier in-game. Also, a "send CR" option will be added to combat reports.

Missile and Mine Weapons Tech
Technology that improves the damage caused by Interplanetary Missiles and all types of Defensive Mines.

Ally Target (alliance member or on buddylist) Buy a Moonshot option
Buy a moonshot for an friend for the same price. Drop down box chooses between a shot for yourself, or for your ally. You can also use this to target other planets of your own.

Debris Field Detector Building
Building on the Moon that will allow you to detect Debris within a certain range. Same limitations as Phalanx.

Achievements System
A number of goals are set, and once you reach that goal you earn some Dark Matter. Each goal is different, from building certain ships, defenses, techs, or buildings or achieving certain things in-game, such as damage etc. Details are shown on your PlayerCard.

What's planned or work in progress:
Alternate Options for Statistic Banner
Radio button beside the image on the overview - this would allow you to change the background image from a choice of 4.

Resources Page Expansion
Expanding how things are viewed, separating the "Bonuses" and improving the layout significantly.

Built-in Alliance Forum, In-Game Forum, and in-game Wiki
Still in testing, but basically have a simple forum with full functionality built in to the game. On top of that, there will be an in-game Encyclopedia viewable by clicking a button on the left menu. On top of that there will also be a built in wiki page, accessible through the Encyclopedia.
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby Spock » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:31 pm

ok
Last edited by Spock on Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spock

Postby Eterna » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:34 pm

there is a view all button...

NEXT TIME PLEASE READ THE GAME NEWS - This is TEMPORARY, I want feedback, and there's no better way than to show you all.

one thing, certain design features are demanded, and needed. You are the first to say "leave it the way it was" on the shipyard theme changes, and while you may not be the only one who will, you are of a minority as since posting up the new shipyard I have had over a hundred messages of thanks - THERE STILL WILL BE A CLASSIC VIEW, never have I forced you to use one theme only..

While your vote counts, on certain things I have to maintain my end goals - this is one of them.

there is a post open in Discussion on the Shipyard - use it please - do not post here.
Eterna
Site Admin

Return to Mobile Suggestions