EternaVerse
The Forum

Notifications

Post all mobile phone suggestions here.

Notifications

Postby Bruin22 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Do you think you could look in notifications for completed build queue, shipyawrd, fleet, reasearch etc. I know several apps do this, but im not too sure how difficult it would be for something as large scale of EV.

So it would work something like this, say you had a research that was to be awhile around 12 hours or so. So say you wanted to check in 12 hours later but you were doing something else on your phone and you forgot til the next day, what a waste of precious time concerning research. So to prevent that, a notification setting(mobile only, maybe even droid only, don't know how other phones work) could be turned on/off. For droids, we have a status bar that links to some apps letting us know for example when its our then to play wordfued or something. But instead of that it would let us know when the build queue is finished on a planet or a research has been completed. Perhaps even an incoming fleet.

Just a thought. If you need more clarification on what im asking ill do my best. Maybe include some pictures or something.
Bruin22

Re: Notifications

Postby Eterna » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:47 pm

to do that I would have to get more permissions with the app... and greatly increase the footprint.
it would also mean you would HAVE to be online and logged in.

There is a plan to have email notifications, or SMS notifications, but that is considerably further down the road.
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby Bruin22 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:54 pm

Mmm alright im cool with that. Thanks :D
Bruin22

Postby littlee » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:40 am

But, that'd b beast mode. It would prob. Have an 20-75% increase in productivity for mobile players like myself.
littlee

Postby moparland » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:54 am

That would be awesome. U would just need to have 3g/4g or wifi to get the notification which is no biggie for mobile. I dont think anyone would have a problem with givin the app permission to do that. Most ppl do it with other apps like bruin suggested.
Member of nMx
moparland

Postby littlee » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:29 am

I do :-)
littlee

Postby Bruin22 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:11 pm

Eterna wrote:There is a plan to have email notifications, or SMS notifications, but that is considerably further down the road.

indeed. From August 11th to June 10th, now its only further down the road ;)
Bruin22

Return to Mobile Suggestions