EternaVerse
The Forum

[REVOTE] IPM - to IPM or not to IPM?

When ever there needs to be a vote on anything this is the place to do it.

Should IPM's be limited like Attacks?

Yes! (Bring on the voting on HOW we're going to limit them)
47%
No! (uhh.. no means no)
53%

Total votes : 36

[REVOTE] IPM - to IPM or not to IPM?

Postby Eterna » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:07 pm

Post yer thoughts!
Eterna
Site Admin

Re: IPM - to IPM or not to IPM?

Postby n-f » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:59 pm

I vote to remove them based purely on logic.

If my light laser can hit a tiny probe that flys faster then anything else in the game, then my light laser can most certainly target the explosives area on an IPM and blow it up before it even enters my atmosphere, in todays age were already close to using lasers to destroy missles, i dont see why we would still be using 19th century tech in a 30th century game.

Also guys please remember that just because your used to something in another game doesnt mean it should be that way here.
NorthFace

Helping make this game make sense since 2010

When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.
n-f

Postby KnightofNi » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:01 pm

I say add them to the bashing rule... it means that it is actually worth it to have HUGE silo levels if you are planning on using IPMs, since in that case you can't just refill as many times as you want (almost always cost effectively) and attack with them. I think IPMs are stupid and I don't use them at all personally, so maybe that plays a role in my thoughts on the matter, but there is no reason to have them immune to the bashing rule - hell it even shows up in my attacks. I love getting 16 attack messages on login just as much as the next guy, but it makes the missiles just retarded.

I also agree with northface - thats my second option but I think that missiles do probably need to exist just to make it so that turtles aren't overpowered.
KnightofNi

Postby Taaxi » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:47 pm

I thought they are pretty balanced as it is, based upon the cost of the missles versus the anti-missles, as well as the storage capabilities of the silo for both. I personally don't really use them, unless someone starts using them on me first :)
Taaxi

Postby Eterna » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:00 pm

In one particular situation - 4300+ IPM's were used... and the end return was very low. Perhaps I need to lower their speed?
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby nobody » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:36 pm

Its nice to know that you are noticed. That attack was a miscalculation on my part. And yes, it became unprofitable. IT only continued because I was commited and after spending 30mill rez in missiles, I Felt that It was better to try and take a lesser loss or break even than just walk away. Lesson learned.

Dont forget that there are limitations on Missiles that fleets do not have. For one, they have limited range. They are pay per use, and the cost can add up fast. They Dont leave derbris, so unless you actualy succsessfuly attack, you gain nothing.

My advice, is have enough def to make using IPM's a non-profitable option. IF I can spend 10 mil rez for a 20 mil profit, I totaly will do that.
To me this game is not about the size of the TD you post, its about the size of the haul you can take away. IPMS are a legitamate way to do that.

IF someone peels and eats one of my planets, My bad for being profitable.
nobody

Postby Eterna » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:40 pm

i know, i have the same sentiment.

I don't understand turtle behaviour... i never have.

I'm a tried and true fleeter - so my gamestyle requires me to keep next to 0 resources sitting.
But in EV - production levels can get so high.. it gets ridiculous - I'm still working on multiple parts of the game and it's amazing how some things can be completely overlooked.. simply because no players said anything...

Some changes have been knee jerk reactions - others MUST be well thought out.
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby KnightofNi » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:06 pm

nobody wrote:Its nice to know that you are noticed. That attack was a miscalculation on my part. And yes, it became unprofitable. IT only continued because I was commited and after spending 30mill rez in missiles, I Felt that It was better to try and take a lesser loss or break even than just walk away. Lesson learned.

Dont forget that there are limitations on Missiles that fleets do not have. For one, they have limited range. They are pay per use, and the cost can add up fast. They Dont leave derbris, so unless you actualy succsessfuly attack, you gain nothing.

My advice, is have enough def to make using IPM's a non-profitable option. IF I can spend 10 mil rez for a 20 mil profit, I totaly will do that.
To me this game is not about the size of the TD you post, its about the size of the haul you can take away. IPMS are a legitamate way to do that.

IF someone peels and eats one of my planets, My bad for being profitable.

Just be reallllll careful not to IPM too many fleeter's planets... or you might quickly find yourself without a fleet.
KnightofNi

Postby Taaxi » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:12 pm

Here is what I would recommend as a "fix."

RIght now, each level of silo allows 5 nukes or 10 anti nukes. I would make it so you can have BOTH 5 AND 10. I would also triple the cost AND the damage of the Nukes, but leave the anti nukes the same. This would allow players to keep a full stock of anti-nukes on their planets, without having to try to balance between offense and defense. It would also make the nuker think twice about sending all those EXPENSIVE missiles, since they will need to deplete the anti nukes on the target planet first, before doing damage- Is the risk worth the reward?

Comments?
Taaxi

Postby InuYasha » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:00 am

i agree with Taaxi about the cost of the ipm-s
InuYasha

Next

Return to Voting Booth