EternaVerse
The Forum

BASHING!

When ever there needs to be a vote on anything this is the place to do it.

What should the bashing rule be changed to?

Change limit # of attacks to per player per day - not per planet
17%
8%
4%
2%
No votes
13%
Lower limit # of attacks per planet per player per day - stay the same but lower the total allowed #
15%
4%
8%
29%

Total votes : 48

Re: BASHING!

Postby tooke » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:47 am

if people are going into v-mode for no reason, or just cause they get hit then maybe, we need to monitor why people are entering v-mode. meaning that to enter we send an admin or moderator(suport ticket) and ask to be put into v-mode. with a valide reason.(wrk trip, no access to internet or what not)
tooke

Postby Eterna » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:26 pm

having a vacation mode that requires admin authorization is foolishness, sorry.

the reason for the vmode being under the players control is well.. things happen, emergencies arise so on.

i'm not looking for an answer to the why, i'm looking for a middle ground that keeps everyone happy, and keeps EV growing.
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby AvatarAcid » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:31 am

Automation is the future. Can you automate the automatic vmode ban for those players who bash, no matter what the rule is going forward?

People will start paying attention to their friggin attack fleets after they get banned the first time that is a fact :)

Postby Eterna » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:50 am

working on it, won't be integrating it until it's perfect.
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby pkromm » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:15 am

player attack per day I would say free as we set the number of attacks per planet or Moon

Same planet or Moon 4 times a day ( if low defended the defender will lose 93.75% of all resources, if high defended a much less)
pkromm

Postby nobody » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:23 pm

There is another question to be added... Attacks period or Successfull attacks? (Attacker wins)
nobody

Postby apostolos » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:43 am

I don't knock anyone for their style of game play. The diversity is what makes the game. I try to find a good balance between defense and attack, so can't really say whether I am a fleeter or defender. In my opinion Zorton spelled it out perfectly, what I have been saying all along about this bashing discussion. I am gonna paraphrase his post, so bear with me........basically it says, there are 50 players to be attacked. Of those 50 there are 20 in vmode, leaving 30. Of those 30 there are 10 in the same alliance. That leaves 20. Of those 20 there 10 that Zorton does NOT want to mess with because they do not allow a SURE win in battle. That leaves 10. So Zorton want the ability to beat on 10 players that he KNOWS he can take from repeatedly, rather than try to outsmart and outplay those 20 that are his equal.

Maybe my thinking is why I have never been and will never be, top player in these games. I play for the challenge of the other players. To me it's no fun to raid, raid, raid on a player that can't do anything to stop me. Win some, lose some. The wins give a higher rush and the loses......oh well, rebuild a better fleet and try again.

Again, my take on this is still, attacks limited to per player.
apostolos

Reply to Apostolos

Postby ZORTON » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:22 am

Ouch, I think I just got bitch-slapped by Apostolos....lol. For someone who doesn’t “knock anyone for their style of game play”, you sure seemed to knock mine.
No attack is ever a “SURE" win…ask jakksun about the 5,000 BC’s and 5,000 LC’s that I lost to him one night out of pure greed. He even messaged me asking for me to recall but all I saw was the 300+ mil res sitting on one of his planets and knew he couldn’t spend the deut…sure thing…but he did an insta build on PC’s and blasted the 2 waves to hell. No hard feelings…I made a costly mistake. The crack about taking from the “10 players that he KNOWS he can take from repeatedly” is also way out of line. These players have the same opportunity as I do to build defenses and ships and buildings and research. Granted, I am online a fair bit more than most..not all…but the difference that is reflected in my score is because I work harder. I don’t just “bash” weaker players…for one thing the game wouldn’t allow me..(W), which, by the way, you are to me now. Many days I don’t hit anybody but yet still keep busy raiding inactives, even the small res ones..if it’s over 600k it’s mine. I’ll follow fleets with lanx…letting most go. I could smash them but mostly choose not to. If they insist on moving res between planets though, I will hit them, maybe not today, but they had best beware!
As for the bashing rule being reduced to 4 per planet (which it looks like it will be) I USUALLY keep my attacks to 3 or less. Lately, I’ve had some verbal abuse at me from 2 players in a “foreign” language and I don’t particularly like what they said. They will probably get hit regularly now and if the abuse keeps up they may get the max every 24 hours. So, for me, yes it may change my game a bit if it is changed to 4 hits per player but that’s not my only way to play. My mines are doing famously as you can see by the scoreboard. Not all mines are that high but getting up there. I can continue “bottom feeding” for (i) planets and I can carry on with research…don’t need to bother with chasing DM atm because I’ve finished with the officers a while back. How are you making out with that? As I said before…I work very hard at this game…ask my alliance members…and quite a few of them do as well. We love this game and want it to grow.We all help each other as a team and we’re a good team….that’s Kriegtreiberen KRG by the way for all of you non-allied players looking for a friendly, experienced, open alliance to become a member of.
So, Ap, no hard feelings for your opinion and hope you bear none for mine.

Fly safe. Z.
ZORTON

Postby KroniclyChallanged » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:24 pm

i think being able to attack some one 4 times per planet or moon is good since miners do like there large cargo fleets. and some times coming across a fleet with 300m resources. with the 4 attacks you can still crash there fleet with the main hit and also raid up to 87% of the resources. although having it set to 4 attacks per person is retarded. what if they have 2 fleets witch have 300m plus resources. or if the person has there fleet split up on 8 different places, witch a few people love to do and leave the fleets behind random shells. personally yeah i could join an alliance and tip off others about the resources stash or other fleets. although with this servers low numbers i very much would like to work a lone. i have had some run in's with some people because i raided there alliances weaker members so in return they did shoot some bashing attacks for no gain and didn't even rec there losses. chances are if the mines didn't come out i'd still be facing idiotic attacks of such.

on some attacks its just better to send in waves. so depending on how you want to implement the rule can change a lot of things. like why send a full force attack into 20 RIP's and 2k mines with other fleet and defense. when it would cut the losses on your behalf if you launch a first wave of straight LF's to take out the mines and RIP's then hit with your main attacking force for the rest of the fleet. then follow with the LC's. if you change it to what ever attacks per person then your really restricting the methods on how you can drop a fleet.
personally i'm just sitting back raiding on random days when i get to bored. for the most part i haven't been launching lately trying to allow others to build them selfs up and learn the game :) although when it comes time for me to start dropping fleets i really would rather being able to get at lest 96% of LC fleet resources rather then 87% or if i stumble on a dude witch only has a few K LL's i would much rather hit it once or twice with some BS and then over kill with BS with my LC fleet. having some dude with weak defenses on all planets and taking up a full system. it would be nice being able to keep hitting them all rather then limiting to a total of 4 to 8 hits. it just would not be enough to work with
And then...
KroniclyChallanged

Postby Eterna » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:56 pm

well since the interest in this has stagnated, voting is closed.

I will change the rules this evening around midnight gametime. There will be an in-game notice and a post on the Overview for a few days.

Let this be a warning though, ANY bashing will be punished with VERY severely.

If you bash someone, even if it is unintentional - you must repay them DOUBLE the resources taken from the FIRST raid, with 30% of the damage inflicted ALSO replaced in metal/crystal combination.

Better be damn careful raiding.. I'm quite irritated that players are all up in arms about something that could kill the game before it started. There aren't enough players yet for the bashing rules to be pushed as much as they have been - this behaviour is not only selfish, unsportsmanlike, and rude.. it's just plain stupid.

Do you want more players to raid or do you want to raid the little players there are until they all quit?

Each raider should really think on that...

Hell, if things don't clear up by January, I'm pushing the release from beta back until this rule can not only be agreed upon, but followed without any complaint or issue.

Now, that all said.. open a Support Ticket for any bashing cases, please DO NOT send me a Private Message.
Eterna
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Voting Booth