EternaVerse
The Forum

BASHING!

When ever there needs to be a vote on anything this is the place to do it.

What should the bashing rule be changed to?

Change limit # of attacks to per player per day - not per planet
17%
8%
4%
2%
No votes
13%
Lower limit # of attacks per planet per player per day - stay the same but lower the total allowed #
15%
4%
8%
29%

Total votes : 48

BASHING!

Postby Eterna » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:06 pm

Each player has to vote twice!
Eterna
Site Admin

Re: BASHING!

Postby n-f » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:12 pm

Will IPM attacks still not be counted as attacks?(LOL that an attack doesnt count as an attack)( LMAO that missle's still exist in this game)
NorthFace

Helping make this game make sense since 2010

When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.
n-f

Postby Eterna » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:55 pm

Actually, that's a very valid point to bring up - I'll be opening a second vote.
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby KnightofNi » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:58 pm

I say 10 attacks per player, per day... but seeing as how thats not an option I'll vote for 7.
KnightofNi

Postby bearinthemornin » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:35 pm

Personally I think that you should rethink this anyhow... most of us have to attack a persons planet 5 or 6 times just to get the defenses down enough for our transports to be safe to enter the system and take the resources. Bashing would be to beat on a player for no good reason. Taking his resources is not bashing no matter how many times it takes me to get to them.
bearinthemornin

Postby RainStol » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:42 pm

bearinthemornin wrote:Personally I think that you should rethink this anyhow... most of us have to attack a persons planet 5 or 6 times just to get the defenses down enough for our transports to be safe to enter the system and take the resources. Bashing would be to beat on a player for no good reason. Taking his resources is not bashing no matter how many times it takes me to get to them.

bearinthemorning.... that right there is exactly the definition of bashing. It isnt just attacking for no good reason, it is attacking them until they have nothing left. By exactly what you are saying, attacking until they have no defenses and no resources.. why would the player continue to even play?
RainStol
Development Team

Postby bearinthemornin » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:46 pm

RainStol wrote:
bearinthemornin wrote:Personally I think that you should rethink this anyhow... most of us have to attack a persons planet 5 or 6 times just to get the defenses down enough for our transports to be safe to enter the system and take the resources. Bashing would be to beat on a player for no good reason. Taking his resources is not bashing no matter how many times it takes me to get to them.

bearinthemorning.... that right there is exactly the definition of bashing. It isnt just attacking for no good reason, it is attacking them until they have nothing left. By exactly what you are saying, attacking until they have no defenses and no resources.. why would the player continue to even play?

so what do you think it should only be if you can absolutely overpower them then it is ok to attack them? not over and over but I always beleived bashing meant to attack a player over and over just to beat them down or to get back at them
bearinthemornin

Postby Taaxi » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:50 pm

Is Bashing on the honor system, or is there some game mechanism in place that will not let a player send an attack after X number of previous attacks?
Taaxi

Postby Eterna » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:56 pm

at this time, it is entirely on the honour system - when there are complaints I then check records and deal with it accordingly.

i AM working on an automatic prevention script.. or at the very least - a warning. Having it against a specific player instead of planet is much easier to code...

In many games... the bashing rule is more strict - but only limited to 5 per planet per player.

I've been seeing trends with IPM wave after IPM wave, then 6 attacks to get EVERY LAST DROP of resources... this is a behaviour that makes MOST players quit - especially since there are so few targets out there..

I want to see more people stay and play - even if that means limiting attacks.

Another thing to consider.. teamwork nets you more resources. even if you were limited to 5 attacks a day per player.. you could work with another player and share the return.. with 10 attacks combined.
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby bearinthemornin » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:15 pm

thats true eterna never thought about that I always think in alliance terms forgot the bashing number only applies to each person
bearinthemornin

Next

Return to Voting Booth