EternaVerse
The Forum

Should we be able to build Nanite Factories on Moons?

When ever there needs to be a vote on anything this is the place to do it.

Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes : 61

Postby Taaxi » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:29 pm

We can build shipyards and robot factories. Why not Nanites?
Taaxi

Re: Should we be able to build Nanite Factories on Moons?

Postby KnightofNi » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:52 pm

I'm gonna have to say no. Turtles shouldn't be able to build up huge shells on MOONS, thats just a horrible idea >.>... us fleeters can get over the fact that the build time for our more expensive buildings takes awhile, fleets shouldn't realistically be able to be built on the moon though.
KnightofNi

Postby Imperiex » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:39 am

Nobody cares if you can build fleets on a moon. Fleets are mobile so you can build them on the planet and move them to the moon. Defenses are another matter. Putting aside meta-game logic for a minute, if you were an interstellar emperor and you went to the effort and expense of building a moon-base with sophisticated sensors and a Jump-Gate, Wouldn't you find a way to build a nanite factory there so you could build sufficient defenses?
Imperiex

Postby n-f » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:49 am

Whats does nanite have to do with being able to build sufficient defense? nothing....

It would be lame to be able to build a full developed moon in 2 days. You have the robot factory already, sure there's diminishing returns but it IS there, 1 day for JG vs 8 is WAY better. Then theres the officers.

I vote no for the above reason and to me it doesnt makes sense. Such a big building(+ all the nanites) like that on the moon, i would think, would mess up gravity and mess everything up. That has nothing to do with the game but its good to have SOME reality behind the game to make it more real.
NorthFace

Helping make this game make sense since 2010

When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.
n-f

Postby KnightofNi » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:17 am

What I was talking about is that if turtles start building shells on moons, they can't be popped because you can't adequately cut through them with the current stats of the RIP (which are pretty atrocious compared to other games). If nanites are able to be built on the moon, it makes it excessively easy and fast to do so - if a turtle wants to shell up on a moon, it should take a loooooooong time to do so, if for no other reason than to give people a chance to stop the building, seeing as how an unpoppable moon is not something that the game needs. I hope that clarifies my stance on the defense aspect of my position on the matter.
KnightofNi

Postby TheEnd » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:08 pm

n-f wrote:That has nothing to do with the game but its good to have SOME reality behind the game to make it more real.

Exactly, plus moons are poppable and planets aren't, putting something expensive on a moon that can be destroyed is well...alot of things just not good :)
TheEnd

Postby n-f » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:43 pm

TheEnd wrote:
n-f wrote:I vote no for the above reason and to me it doesnt makes sense. Such a big building(+ all the nanites) like that on the moon, i would think, would mess up gravity and mess everything up. That has nothing to do with the game but its good to have SOME reality behind the game to make it more real.

Exactly, plus moons are poppable and planets aren't, putting something expensive on a moon that can be destroyed is well...alot of things just not good :)

Corrected the quote to what im really saying.

Obviously you missed the part where i said it would mess up the gravity and destroy the planet :D

The point is to make moons more then just a money investment, later on in the game, if not already, its easy enough to gather the resources required to fully build a moon up. Thats a problem because moons are dangerous things, everyones talking about slowing down the speed of ships to make ACS defense more viable and this suggestion makes it even easier/faster to build a raiding planet/moon right beside someone.
NorthFace

Helping make this game make sense since 2010

When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.
n-f

Postby warchild » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:38 pm

yeah why not is a huge risk to the person building it if they want to take that chance to increase defence of there moons why not .and the game is growing so in the future there may be many reasons or buildings on moons that require nanites really dont see the prob why shouldnt turtles be able nto defend thats what they do no one says fleeters shouldnt build massive fleets thats how they play and diversity seems to be the best thing about EV
warchild

Postby Bobinator » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:58 pm

Also IPM's cant target a moon.
Bobinator

Postby beelzebub » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:33 am

warchild wrote:yeah why not is a huge risk to the person building it if they want to take that chance to increase defence of there moons why not .and the game is growing so in the future there may be many reasons or buildings on moons that require nanites really dont see the prob why shouldnt turtles be able nto defend thats what they do no one says fleeters shouldnt build massive fleets thats how they play and diversity seems to be the best thing about EV

i agree why does every thing got to go towards fleeters the ppl that dont have all day or no life should be able to play to
beelzebub

Next

Return to Voting Booth