EternaVerse
The Forum

Energy Technology VS Energy Production

When ever there needs to be a vote on anything this is the place to do it.

Have Energy Technology affect ALL energy produced?

Yes
95%
No
5%

Total votes : 38

Energy Technology VS Energy Production

Postby Eterna » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:04 am

In other games, Energy Technology affects Energy produced by the fusion reactors.

What if we extended that to ALL energy produced?
Eterna
Site Admin

Re: Energy Technology VS Energy Production

Postby AvatarAcid » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:48 am

That sounds a little bit like a blind date!...

It might start well and end even better....but then again it could be a complete disaster :P

I do think it is a good idea, but, I wouldn't like to see each level produce more than 0.5% due to the availability of Office upgrades for energy as well.

Holla?

Postby KnightofNi » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:41 am

Weeeell eterna with the recent buff to the fusion reactor I don't think it is necessary. I'm training my mines in whatever is cheapest (with no solar sats) and my solar plants and fusion reactors are pretty far behind my mines in cost because of how freaking effective fusion reactors are (<3). It would be cool to see that though... I'm so used to ZE where my solar plants and fusion reactors were wayyyy more expensive and I'd have to cover the difference with sats o.O...
KnightofNi

Postby myrsee » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:18 am

I feel that energy technology should effect all forms of energy providers. But I too agree that the current formula gives the fusion reactors too much power. jmo
myrsee
Development Team

Postby n-f » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:32 am

AvatarAcid wrote:That sounds a little bit like a blind date!...

It might start well and end even better....but then again it could be a complete disaster :P

I do think it is a good idea, but, I wouldn't like to see each level produce more than 0.5% due to the availability of Office upgrades for energy as well.

Holla?

+1
I dont know the stats behind fusion reactor since i dont use them, but do agree that energy production should affect all types of...... energy production(lol?). if not then it should be changed to "Pimp Your Reactor"
NorthFace

Helping make this game make sense since 2010

When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.
n-f

Postby Eterna » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:43 pm

atm the math for the fusion reactor is deut to energy at a 1:7 ratio - that can easily be changed.

energy production would only increase a maximum of 1% with each level of energy tech, mainly because officers and events can give huge bonuses.

if energy tech affects just fusion reactors, would that be preferable? or just fusion reactors and solar satellites?
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby KnightofNi » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:25 pm

n-f wrote:

Holla?

+1
I dont know the stats behind fusion reactor since i dont use them, but do agree that energy production should affect all types of...... energy production(lol?). if not then it should be changed to "Pimp Your Reactor"

You don't use fusion reactors? O.O With the energy from a fusion reactor you have more than enough to get another level of deut production - thereby nullifying the deut costs, not to mention the unkillable energy source that sats can't provide -_-.
KnightofNi

Postby Runcho » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:26 am

It's good for me... In the game have different styles of playing and I personally don't like to use the fusion reactor so mainly I am on solar plant and satelites
Runcho

Postby AvatarAcid » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:15 am

I think Fusion and Solar Plants....Sats are cheap and produce a large emt of Energy in EV. At 1% it shouldn't be too much of a prob.

Postby n-f » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:36 pm

KnightofNi wrote:
n-f wrote:

Holla?

+1

You don't use fusion reactors? O.O With the energy from a fusion reactor you have more than enough to get another level of deut production - thereby nullifying the deut costs, not to mention the unkillable energy source that sats can't provide -_-.

you attack me, kill sats, Im no longer a farm ;) there is reason behind madness

Either make energy production affect ALL types of energy or change the name.
NorthFace

Helping make this game make sense since 2010

When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.
n-f

Next

Return to Voting Booth