EternaVerse
The Forum

Restore the IPM costs

When ever there needs to be a vote on anything this is the place to do it.

you want the IPM cost tobe reduced?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:28 am

yes
19%
no
81%

Total votes : 16

Restore the IPM costs

Postby suresh » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:28 am

as the title say i am medium fleeter who needs lots of defenses to attack or to get the resources from people...so i want to create a vote so that the IPMs costs are reduced or restored to its default...support me on this if you want the IPms in low costs.. :D
Member of the honourable KRIEGSTREIBEREN
suresh

Re: Restore the IPM costs

Postby myrsee » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:53 am

At this time I feel everything with ipm/abm's are good
myrsee
Development Team

Postby tooke » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:04 am

the point of the higher cost for IPM's is to make the game more balanced.if a tutle has way too much deffense for u to take u want 2 be able to launce a couple of ibm's. but that kinda defeats the who point of being a turtle. heres an example.....( not all numbers are exact, this is just an exmple i put in random numbers.) you have say 1k battle ships, the turtle you want too attack has 100 000 light lasers, way too much for u to take on. so you send say 100 ibm there way and bang there droped own 2 say 10 000. so now u can tak em on but the turtle is now lost all his deffence. not a happy turtle is he now. so what do u do when u cant afford the ibm's, simple, get a couple of your buddies together and put the acs attack to wrk for u. send 10 ipm,s each and there u go the turtle still not to happy but hey at least he still has his deffences and points. oh and the number one rule iv learned in these type of games....never piss of a turtle.
tooke

Postby KnightofNi » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:26 pm

tooke wrote:the point of the higher cost for IPM's is to make the game more balanced.if a tutle has way too much deffense for u to take u want 2 be able to launce a couple of ibm's. but that kinda defeats the who point of being a turtle. heres an example.....( not all numbers are exact, this is just an exmple i put in random numbers.) you have say 1k battle ships, the turtle you want too attack has 100 000 light lasers, way too much for u to take on. so you send say 100 ibm there way and bang there droped own 2 say 10 000. so now u can tak em on but the turtle is now lost all his deffence. not a happy turtle is he now. so what do u do when u cant afford the ibm's, simple, get a couple of your buddies together and put the acs attack to wrk for u. send 10 ipm,s each and there u go the turtle still not to happy but hey at least he still has his deffences and points. oh and the number one rule iv learned in these type of games....never piss of a turtle.

I know that you were just making up random numbers but be careful with those "random" numbers... 1000 battleships actually beats 100000 LL with correct RF occurring lmao... You lose all your battleships but you inflict more damage upon the opponent's defenses because LL have so much rapid fire from EVERYTHING.
KnightofNi

Postby Eterna » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:43 pm

Actually, if you were to forget the conditioning you've had from other games... you should realize by now that our combat engine is considerably different.

No more can you rely on ONE single solitary form of defense.

No magic formula is impenetrable, but quality and diversity play into defense more than just quantity.

Use the RF functions for you and build a tailored defense... exploit your opponents weakness by building defenses with high RF against them, or low RF from them.

Think outside the boxes you've been put into people!
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby KnightofNi » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:10 am

My battleships go OM NOM NOM whenever they see someone assuming that light lasers are the be-all end-all defensive structure :twisted: ... keep it up turtles, just use light lasers OM NOM NOM
KnightofNi

Return to Voting Booth