EternaVerse
The Forum

How much would you pay for boosts in EternaVerse

When ever there needs to be a vote on anything this is the place to do it.

If it were possible to purchase things in-game, how much would you realistically spend in a month?

0 I will only ever play for free
50%
$5 - $20 per month
47%
$20 - $50 per month
3%
$50 - $100 per month
No votes
$100 - $200 per month
No votes
$200 - $500 per month
No votes
$500 + per month
No votes

Total votes : 34

Re: How much would you pay for boosts in EternaVerse

Postby Oblivion » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:17 am

If ANY money is allowed to be used on this website for any type of gain, I will quit.

Don't turn this game into wallet raiders, its one of the BIG things you have going for this game.
Oblivion

Postby Brex » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:47 am

Honestly if the game needs to survive some money needs to come from somewhere, for servers and such.
Brex

Postby AvatarAcid » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:55 pm

I would rather see a flat subscription fee rather than enabling wallet warriors. Even though wallet warriors are far more profitable because they will do anything to "win", I have quit several games outright as they traversed from decent beta into production wallet warrior status.

Postby Eterna » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:38 pm

As stated many MANY times, I have no intention of making it so players can buy their way to the top of the game. Any comments alluding to such need to be removed, please read my post on the first page.
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby Taaxi » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:13 pm

I would rather deal with ads than see a pay to play model.
Taaxi

Postby EVEnforcers » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:05 pm

Just an idea ...

Create a new currency (i.e. credits or similar) purchasable in USD.
Use credits ingame seperately from DM for unique opportunities such as a new deep space expedition slot where for x amount of credits you can send a fleet into more rewarding areas of space. Rewards could be, DM, Ships, Minerals, Officer Upgrades, more Credits or even part item goods which you would need to collect in order to complete.

By setting the time period of the mission and the slots allowed per player you would be automatically setting a limit to the amount of credits that could be spent in any time period, and therefor restrict the advantage paying for credits may give to a player. For example: 1 slot per player, 6 hours per mission, 1 USD per credit would allow for a maximum spend of 4 USD in any 24 hour period.

or two ...

Charge rent for extra planets. Allow everyone to have x amount of planets for free and then charge rent to those who want more. Rent could be in the form of credits or USD. I believe most people would play for free up until the point that their planets were full or they wanted to expand further.

Not sure of the full implications regarding these suggestions or the impact they would have on the game but I hope the post gets others thinking!
Fairplay, justice, retribution and rehabilitation.
EVEnforcers

Postby tooke » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:20 am

alright so i have seen this in the past, if you were to do a click here, on ads, linking players to the page, and give them a small dm bonus or credits bonus.

so how it works....people want credits, and you need money for the game, so

there is a page with all kinds of ads on it, you take this page and make it so that every time players click on the ad they get something....do-able once a day per ad....(they must spend so much time on page before reward will come though, say 40sec's), now the catch is that if the ad is to buy something, and they buy it through ev they get a bigger reward, (say ad is paying ev $10 every-time someone buy's from them through ev, ev gives $10 worth of credit's)

with this option people will go to the ad's click and more often then not read the ad while waiting for the time to be gone so they can close the page...but the ad is getting even more veiws this way then from being on everypage, after all, you dont look at an ad while you are trying to organize a fleet or scan for a target, you will simply ignore it so....

another option is to have survey's, some university's pay good money for information from people, if you can get some surveys going and for every 1 person does the survey you get said amount...

just a few ideas

tooke
tooke

Postby Eterna » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:09 pm

Re: EVEnforcers idea

A mission system is already in the works, as is the means to buy "credits". There will be specific things needed to complete missions, and the rewards are all in-game - i.e. resources, dark matter, ships, etc.

A good example is Mafia Wars.

There is a plan to also limit the number of missions that can be done in a day, and a set time period so there is a push to login at multiple times.
This will increase activity and give more people a reason to be online.

Re: Tooke's idea

Nice but some critical flaws - first being how to track the time spent on the page (a timer with a button wouldn't work, people would just open in a new tab and let it sit there). Second being that ads pay extremely little - and they want new people to see the ad. That means that if you go on the same ad each time, 7 days in a row.. it wouldn't be counted. Third, and this is a biggy, EV will be international - to have english only ads or american only companies wouldn't work. Surveys would be useless for the very same reason.

It's not that bad of an idea, but it does too many things I want to avoid - ads, clutter, and possibilities of complaints.

Please come to testgrounds to see a demonstration of the EV Bazaar.
One thing you'll note is that you're unable to buy anything instantly (sorry wallet warriors).
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby tooke » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:56 pm

I will for sure try and jump in when i get the chance eos, but atm im a little tied up with my new job, i have about 2months traing ahead with little to no breaks in between, 12 hours a day somedays will be a double shift with only a 12 hour break and back in again grrr. but when things settle down again i will jump into test for sure
tooke

Postby suresh » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:18 am

Eterna wrote:Please come to testgrounds to see a demonstration of the EV Bazaar.
One thing you'll note is that you're unable to buy anything instantly (sorry wallet warriors).

I have visited the tests and what he says is true credits just give you some modifications and a boosts which wont bring in wallet warriors concept..

and regd ads why not choose google ads its give random ads , so ads might not be repeated more than twice and you will be earning when user clicks on the ad ..

P.S checked the ads with one of my testing sites
Member of the honourable KRIEGSTREIBEREN
suresh

PreviousNext

Return to Voting Booth