EternaVerse
The Forum

How much would you pay for boosts in EternaVerse

When ever there needs to be a vote on anything this is the place to do it.

If it were possible to purchase things in-game, how much would you realistically spend in a month?

0 I will only ever play for free
50%
$5 - $20 per month
47%
$20 - $50 per month
3%
$50 - $100 per month
No votes
$100 - $200 per month
No votes
$200 - $500 per month
No votes
$500 + per month
No votes

Total votes : 34

How much would you pay for boosts in EternaVerse

Postby EternaMarketing » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:54 am

EternaVerse are looking to inplement a lot of additional features in the game soon which will offer some fantastic bonus's for you dedicated players, i would like you to cast your votes please.
EternaMarketing

Re: How much would you pay for boosts in EternaVerse

Postby Taaxi » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:37 am

I don't understand what you are asking. Are you looking for a monthly subscription or is this more of a how much would you spend to BUY DARK MATTER question? Either way, I think pay to play is something that ruins alot of these web based games.
Taaxi

Postby EternaMarketing » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:06 am

In answer to your question.

It wont be like the other competitors do it, its on a completley different scale.

The question is just whether or not you would purchase such boosts in game and if so how much would you roughly spend a month?
EternaMarketing

Postby Eterna » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:22 am

This vote needs to be completely rewritten.

Number 1 promise to the players - the game will always be free. NO MEMBERSHIP FEES EVER
Number 2 promise to the players - the game will not be buyable - i.e. moneybags is #1 because he spent $$$
Number 3 promise to the players - more content, more customization, more everything.
Number 4 promise to the players - no in-game advertisement or email spam.
Number 5 promise to the players - nothing will ever be "impossible".

The vote as read is very misleading, next time please run the details by me before posting.

I have an intention of putting in a Marketplace/Bazaar where players can get something for their money, rather than just donating. This will allow players to buy Credits - which in turn can be exchanged for a number of things.

For example.
New alternate ship images, new planet images, etc will cost Credits.
Return speed boost (done prior to hitting send) will cost Credits - and will display as such in Phalanx.
Additional Bonuses and much more.

Credits will also be obtainable through a "mission" section. The reward varies but a player who perseveres will be able to earn Credits, but nowhere near as easy as obtaining Dark Matter is currently.

What this vote SHOULD ask is "if it were possible to purchase things in-game, how much would you realistically spend in a month".

If everybody says they never want to buy anything, then we have to pursue other methods of financing the game.
I don't know about you all, but I don't like the idea of reneging on Promise 4.

Considering our server cost has tripled from January, we can't depend on a single benefactor to pay for server costs.
Donations aside from the single large sum donated earlier this year are not sufficient to sustain the game.
Right now we're paid up for the rest of the year, but that's only a year.

To start a marketing campaign will cost ten times what our server costs are.
I've already listed what it will cost for graphic design - it will not be cheap.

To those of you that aren't aware - I've been paying for you all to play out of my own pocket. Donations have accounted for approx half of the total operating cost to date. I do not expect to be reimbursed, nor do I expect to collect a paycheck.

I do want the game to be self sustaining, or it's a lost cause.
Eterna
Site Admin

EternaVerse

Postby EternaMarketing » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:07 pm

"if it were possible to purchase things in-game, how much would you realistically spend in a month
EternaMarketing

Postby apostolos » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:09 am

based eOs explanation of the "vote" I'd probably fall in the 5-20 per month range. I cast my vote before reading the post and took it as a monthly charge to play. I really enjoy this game and would be willing to spend a small amount per month.
apostolos

Postby Marsianen » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:10 am

Eterna wrote:If everybody says they never want to buy anything, then we have to pursue other methods of financing the game.
I don't know about you all, but I don't like the idea of reneging on Promise 4.

How about having a all adds on one page, so you have to push a "sponsor button" that takes you to a page where all the adds is, in that way you can have ads in the game without disturbing/destroy the game play, and the players can self decide if/when they want to "see the adds"/"give you money".

IF the game is going to bee sponsored by adds, then I think it is better to have all of them in one place rather than spammed allover the place.

Please tell what all of you think of this idea!
Marsianen

Postby Eterna » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:47 am

Unfortunately that's not an option Marsianen.

We have a vote page (which I don't earn money off the ads btw) that is largely ignored.
The only way to have Ads as a possibility means having them in every page - which sucks.

If you have an android device, you'll notice that all free games have ads of some sort, all in the top or bottom of the app.
I don't like that.

So, that said, if we were to have a single page with ads only... it would be completely detrimental - a complete waste of time and space.
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby maynard » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:01 am

cant wait to see what will happpen go EV best game ever btw i voted for $5 - $20 per month witch EV cant set XXX for REC but make like 50% 60% 80% 100% for Resource Optimization :)
maynard

Postby Bruin22 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:59 pm

Eterna wrote:
If you have an android device, you'll notice that all free games have ads of some sort, all in the top or bottom of the app.
I don't like that.

Omg I hate that! That's cost me more than once if I was playing angry birds or something :lol:
But on a serious note, I could definitely see myself donating, no benefit necessary, lest I tempt myself to make it easy, some small funds just to help this game I've come to love grow and progress. Take off some stress for the big guy :)
Bruin22

Next

Return to Voting Booth