EternaVerse
The Forum

Game News 2/25/12

When ever there needs to be a vote on anything this is the place to do it.

Game News 2/25/12

Postby MegaMedes » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:30 am

**GAME NEWS**
Little unannounced update last night - improved layouts on Buildings, Research, Shipyard, Defense, Alliance Front Page, and Officers & Upgrades.

Using tabs allows mobile users to get all the info given to PC users - I am phasing out mouseovers and introducing more modal windows (similar to the ? help buttons and the info popups).

I've added a new feature to Shipyard and Defenses. Bars - each showing details such as Weapons, Shields, etc. This will be improved further with the upcoming update, showing more information in less space.

Fleet page has a minor addition with Evo Cargo's now displayed at the "transports needed to move all resources" panel.

I've also corrected the Shields/Armour reversal display in the Bonus panel.

There is a new left menu coming, however certain browsers did not like the CSS - I am rewriting this with a browser detection script.

This will mean certain mobile browsers, opera mini, and all versions of IE older than 7 will still have the text links. All modern browsers will use the new Buttons - making it easier to click links.

The same style of buttons will propagate through the interface, mostly to have uniformity but also to vastly improve usage with tablets.

There will be an announcement posted in the Forums this weekend which will be about the upcoming update - details on bug fixes, lists of additions and updated components (there's a lot), and an open discussion about what else is coming.

I hope to hear from each and every one of you - opinions matter.

Lastly, to all the volunteers who wanted to participate in testing a month ago (right before our hurried server move). I have misplaced the list of names, so I have to call out for you all again.

So - ANY players who wish to participate in tests of additions, bugfixes, interface changes, or combat engine trials... send me a message!

Thank you all for your support and patience!

eOs

I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight. May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I surely will not.
MegaMedes

Re: Game News 2/25/12

Postby Eterna » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:27 pm

As promised, here is the explanation of what is to come:

Previously Delayed Features:

Planet Classes - Done!
Planets will be assigned a class when first colonized - that class will define the resource bonuses and shortages. There will also be a way to change planet class, but for a price. The bonus/penalty will show on the Resources page.

Hard Scripted Bashing Prevention - Done!
Just as it says, a built in prevention script that will not allow you to attack more than the bashing rules allow. Also working to have it so War clearly takes the prevention off the target alliance. Altered to meet the new rules, it also prevents probe spam. War removes bashing protection.

New Officers, and expanded usage of others - Done!
Terra-forming Officer (tied to planet classes, each level unlocks more classes to change to)
Astrophysics Officer (increases Expedition and Investigation missions)

New Features/Bug Fixes:

Losses in first round show "Fleet destroyed in first round" - Done!
After a first trial the bugs were worked out of this - it now only affects the attacker.

Miner Points, Attacker Points, and Trader points - 75% Done!
Earn points by spending res on mines, creating debris, and making trades!

Bounty System v1.2 - 75% Done!
Records Page showing Top Overall (total amount collected), Highest single Bounty Collected, and highest number of Bounties collected
Dark Matter is now taken, with a fee taken as well.
Expiry now works correctly
Noob Protection now applied.
Error Messages, Cancel Button, and Renew Button.
When Bounties are posted, players involved receive a message.

Market v1.3 - Done!
Time limit fixed.
Cancel changed to Collect
Live Calculator displaying trade values.
Minimum Trade Values set.

NAP Attack Prevention for Alliances - Done!
When alliances create a non-aggression pact, it prevents attacks completely.

Slave Market - Done!
Population is now able to be bought and sold on the market!

Fleet Activity on ALL pages - Done!
Jgrowl popup windows that fadeout on the top right corner of the window.
Only shows incoming attacks, not outbound.
Attacks stay visible longer than transports etc.
Disable option

RABOT System ( AI Bot ) v0.3 - Done!
Reactionary Automated Battle Operations Team
AI's that are controlled by Admin, to an extent.
Randomly placed planets will be controlled by RABOT, attacks will be countered, ninja'd, and evaded - but not instigated.
Can you beat the bot?

WAR Page - Done!
Listing of current wars, who's who, and a tally of current damage.
When wars are closed by alliance leaders, winners are shown with options to add highlight CR's and comments.

Empire Page - 50% Done!
Many more features to improve display
Additional panel showing Levels and Achievements

Transport between players DISABLED - Done!
No more free lunches - Pulls are now via Alliance Member List only.
Transports to your own planets/moons are allowed - but not to other players.

ACS Recall Bug - FIXED - Done!
When recalling, time to return is exact not combined.

Moon Field Bug - FIXED - Done!
Queue no longer adds fields

Espionage Bug - FIXED - Done!
Correct and current resources now shown

Destruct Reversal - Done!
Destruct now returns a portion of the resources

New Phalanx - Done!
Instead of mouseovers etc it now shows tabs

Tutorial Panel - 50% Done!
One Time Auto Run tutorial that shows screenshots etc
Options allows you to run it again.

Vacation Mode Mod - Done!
Players in v-mode over 60 days get pulled from V-Mode, made active, and allowed to go inactive normally.

Vacation Mode Bug - FIXED - Done!
Resources now are unaffected by Vacation Mode.
Energy does not go to ZERO.

BuddyList Addition - Done!
When you send a buddy request, it now sends that player a message.

Jumpgate Addition - Done!
MAX ALL Button (LONG OVERDUE)

Colour Coded Galaxy - Done!
Admin are now shown as (A)
Allies, NAPS, Buddies, and those you're at WAR with now show as different colours.

Fleet Overview Mod - Done!
Completely new method of displaying the Fleet Overview - less space taken but still displaying key info.

Ally Members Attacked Warning - Done!
Similar Panel on the Overview showing incoming attacks on Allies - listing locations and time.

ADS System - Done!
Automatic Defense System Building for Moon allows construction of automated defenses (no population required)

Lunar Colony - Done!
Produces Population on moon only.

4 new defenses, 2 new ships, 1 new orbital defense.

STILL BACKBURNERED

Population V1.2
Transportable people
Usage in Resources panel and Empire panel (resource production levels and construction/research speeds affected)

Combat System V1.1
Shields take damage incrementally.
Population % die at end of battle.
ACS Bug fixed (short rounds)
Probe Bug fixed (false win)

Ship Stats cont'd.
Defense Figures to go in
Shields to return
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby Bruin22 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:52 pm

(Drools all over screen)

As a player, I appreciate all that hard work man.everything looks good, Just wanted to say thanks and good job.
Bruin22

Postby MegaMedes » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:37 am

Bruin22 wrote:(Drools all over screen)

As a player, I appreciate all that hard work man.everything looks good, Just wanted to say thanks and good job.

Myself also to be included in this drooling, had to replace the keyboard. :lol:

eOs, you have done great things with this game and I know that your not done yet. As a player, I find it easy sometimes to complain to my wife about things that have gone wrong in the game, but she just looks at me with a blank stare as if to say "Your point being?" But, then I remember that a) the game is free to play and b) you have done a lot of great things in the game, making it one of, if not the best game out there right now.

I say, keep up the good work, eh...lol

I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight. May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I surely will not.
MegaMedes

Postby Eterna » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:30 pm

complain to me not to your wife!

my wife wouldn't appreciate it if your wife came bangin on my door shouting about how I ruined her marriage...and with my luck my wife would think black hole and battleships were a euphemism for something far worse...
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby bearinthemornin » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:07 pm

are the testing grounds no longer being used? If not then Megamedes or Ryan send me a message on how i can help to test bug fixes etc
Thanks
Bear
bearinthemornin

Postby Bruin22 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Or I can tell you . . . . ;)

- please don't link to the testgrounds directly from the forums.
eOs
Bruin22

Postby bearinthemornin » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:31 pm

thankyou bruin
bearinthemornin

Postby KroniclyChallanged » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:37 pm

while since i lost my last page on where i was posting this rant.

while. i'm still failing at catching up with the latest stuff. but as for this ally attack warning. its nice knowing some one is under attack. giving the coords is over board. this in the later game single handled kills fleeting. since an alliance knows their is an attack coming for this specific spot then its nothing to launch an over kill of Evolution Interceptor's to defend. to counter this you would attack the persons fleet with an over kill of Evolution Interceptor. thus leaving any actual planet raiding absolute on active players. meaning every other ship is useless, other then rec's and transports.
ok the others could be used for inactive farming or hitting non allied players. with the mass amount of resources getting blown into defences as is, it takes a massive chunk of duet to profitably break a shell using the right ships for the job. with this new warning that posts coords its not worth the risk to launch these ships since they are way to slow and dude while just leave his ships on acs. if you safty probe, you'll most likely while save your ships. you might be able recall and launch a different fleet at them. in hopes a 2nd warning don't post on their page for the 2nd attack. with this prolonged attack happening would most likely draw ones attention and they would most likely send more Evolution Interceptor. if not another party. until some one runs out of duet and buddy runes out of acs slots . point being, this kills a fleeter's game. and protects the guys that leave there fleets down every moment of the day and let there planets resources top out for a few days.
i'm long winded enough of this post, i go have a smoke
oh yeah, once i get the required techs i while float into this type of game play, its gay i hate it but if i must
And then...
KroniclyChallanged

Postby Eterna » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:47 am

if you test the ally attack warning, you'll note it doesn't say what time the attack will strike

this means that some coordination between allies is required ;)
Eterna
Site Admin

Return to Voting Booth