The Forum

A few words of advice for new players.

Share Tips and other useful information or post your own game guides, the best ones will be made sticky.

A few words of advice for new players.

Postby ZORTON » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:42 am

Welcome to EternaVerse, the newest and best of the space strategy games. A few words of warning about playing EV. This game is not for the meek, faint hearted or people with high blood pressure or short fuse. It would be as well to call the game “Swimming with sharks” or “Chess on steroids”. It is a true strategy game with some very good and aggressive players who are seasoned veterans. If you think you can start this game and be the best in a few weeks you’d better find another game to play. It is not for “Mr. nice guy” type players.

1) You MAY become addicted
2) You WILL get frustrated
3) You WILL get attacked
4) You WILL take massive losses
5) You WILL lose ships whether they are cargoes or your pride and joy…your war fleet
6) You MAY become real angry
7) You WILL become a time and resource management expert

To play the game you will become one or a combination of the following things:

A ruthless, cutthroat raider/pirate…universally hated for mounting mass attacks on anybody who leaves their resources sitting. If it’s sitting idle it would be better off in my cargo holds.

A scheming, patient, plotting fleeter…also hated but highly respected. If you have a nice fleet of warships and don’t bother to master the art of fleet saving then it’s only a matter of time until you will be fleetless. These are by far the most skillful players and don’t for a minute think you can fly under the radar for very long. You won’t even see them coming most times and you probably won’t even get your debris field from the attack.

A slow moving turtle/miner who plays the old tried and tested method of gradual growth, trying to grow in the rankings by staying close to home, building their planets and not bothering anyone. No need for a fleet other than cargoes to move resources around. Their idea is to build profitable planets and protect them with massive defenses. One flaw in this strategy though…there is ALWAYS someone with a big enough fleet to knock out your defenses and take away the nice stockpile of resources you had been saving for your next upgrade.

For myself I have evolved into a combination of the 3 styles with a heavy leaning towards raider…if you leave it I will come.

Once you have started your empire growing it may be a good idea to join an alliance. You can try to go it alone but will have a harder time getting moons(important assets) or getting assistance from allies while attacking or being attacked. If it’s your choice to not join one then I wish you luck. There are some good alliances in the game with helpful and willing players who can assist you in all aspects of your game play. There is a lot to learn in EV.

In closing I would like to add a couple of pieces of advice:
If you have any kind of fleet learn to fleet save properly.
If you get really angry at an attacker do NOT fire off abusive messages to the player
Do NOT leave resources piling up on your planets…spend it or save it with your fleet

Always try to remember…at the end of the day it is only a game. A very good one but still, just a game. You didn’t actually receive any physical damage…the only thing hurt is your pride!! Suck it up and start rebuilding…bigger, better, faster. If you want to swim with the big fish then you have to learn to play like them.

Fly safe!

The 2 rules of EternaVerse

Rule #2 SEE RULE #1

Re: A few words of advice for new players.

Postby Eterna » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:24 am

Kudos m8

I'll be making this a sticky :)
Site Admin

Postby KnightofNi » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:41 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that #1 needs to be reworded to you WILL become addicted :P.

Now stop attacking me o.o

Postby Whixey » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:00 am

id say once you master the two rules for noobs.... there are two rules.

1. Never attack outside your lanx range.
2. Never hit a jg.

Return to Tips and help topics