EternaVerse
The Forum

fleet size

Share Tips and other useful information or post your own game guides, the best ones will be made sticky.

fleet size

Postby nightguy89 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:38 am

Hello i'm a little new to this game but i'm likeing a lot. So i was wanting to know what fleet size is to be small,mediumt to large. So i can get a idea of what kind of def and fleet i should be going for.
nightguy89

Re: fleet size

Postby Bruin22 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:28 am

your question is completely relative. a "big" fleet depends totally depends on how many points you have and how aggressive the players you are able to attack and be attacked are. This is because it depends on your resource, how much tech you have researched, and a few other factors. obviously players who have been playing longer are going to out-gun you, but you dont have to worry about them. You can look at the Hall of Fame page to see how they compose their fleets, but dont expect to be able to have what they do in a few days. An important rule i think you should follow, is "Don't give other people a reason to attack you." In other words, if you dont leave resources or ships on your planets, people will not attack you for the hell of it. It's called fleetsaving.
Bruin22

Postby nightguy89 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:01 am

Ya thats true i'm just trying to see what expect in a fight that all. So i guess its all a big game of chance :)
nightguy89

Postby Bruin22 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:58 am

There's just so many factors that affect this number hahahah its almost impossible to give you an accurate ballpark figure. I would suggest you ask other players that aren't inactive which have a similar rank to you. Or spy some planets even to gauge defenses. I'm not an actual player anymore so I can help you directly in this regard. But good luck out there hope to see more out of you on the forums :)
Bruin22

planets

Postby nightguy89 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:24 pm

Theres a few things i wanted to know of the planets

1. Is there a way to change the the planet name

2. Is there a way to see the field size be for you colonized the planet

3. Is there difference geting 1 planet to geting planet 15 in the solar system
nightguy89

Postby Bruin22 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:33 pm

1. You can change the name o your planet by going to the overview screen, and clicking "colony" on the top right corner of the overview panel.

2. No ;) but see #3

3. Hotter planets provide you with a bonus to energy, which makes senses, as each system has its own sun which is slot 0. ergo, close to the sun, more heat available for solar energy. Colder planets, ex. slots 10-15 give bonus to deuterium production. ALong with these two bonuses, the type of planet is also dependent on the slots as far as I am aware, although i can not answer which are more likely to give what type of terrain. Bigger planets are found in the central slots.

You should try using the search function next time you have a question, many have asked this before, and I have answered this a lot of times myself. Even asked at one point :) Hope this helps.
Bruin22

Postby nightguy89 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:18 pm

Sorry for not using the search function.

But for question number 2 should there be a satellite probe to explore the planets before we land on them.
I say this because in real life we're not going just pick a random planet to land on and know nothing about it

I'm not for sure how you guys are trying making this game realistic as possible or sim -realistic ?
nightguy89

Postby lissms » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:29 am

You can't spy on a planet that is not made yet, so the only thing to do is colonize it and if you find it to small then abandon it, and try another place to colonize.
lissms
Proud menber of

DEEZ NUTZ
lissms

Postby Bruin22 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:32 am

its all good just next time.

true that might be more realistic, but that would seriously affect gameplay. it means all the good planets would be taken by players well above you and you would not be able to compete for such luxurious planets. This way however, you can gamble, and if you dont like you can destroy the colony. and 24 hrs later a new planet at that same spot will be available with different attributes to a certain degree. This is is all about gameplay
Bruin22

Return to Tips and help topics