The Forum

Fleet Save LLL - Learn it, Love it, Live it

Share Tips and other useful information or post your own game guides, the best ones will be made sticky.

Fleet Save LLL - Learn it, Love it, Live it

Postby AvatarAcid » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:49 am

Advanced Fleet Operations

Beyond normal missions, there are other things you need to know about your fleeting. There are several Advanced Fleet Operations that have a slightly bigger learning curve to get behind. These are also open to an individual’s game play style and personal tactics in most cases. So keep in mind when tactics are discussed, they could be slightly different than yours or ones you plan to develop and use for yourself.

Fleet Saving

Fleet Saving 101

Fleet Saving is probably the most important activity in the game. If you do not fleet save, you will not get very far.
You will soon notice from your activity in the game, you will start to accumulate both resources and ships. The issue with this is that other players in the game want your resources, and want to destroy your ships so they can both reduce your capacity to launch raids and recycle your destroyed fleet.
The act of Fleet Saving, if done correctly, should assist you greatly in holding onto both your resources and your ships.

How Do I Fleet Save?

Fleet saving can be done in any number of ways. There are unsafe ways to fleet save, and there are safe ways to fleet save.
Ultimately the goal in each case it to get the res off your planets and your ships out of orbit. You need three things to fleet save.

1. Enough cargo capacity to hold all of your resources.
2. A destination target to fleet save to.
3. Enough deuterium to fuel your ships to reach the Fleet Save target of your choice.

Once you have met those requirements, you are ready to send your ships out on a Fleet Save!

How Do I Find A Fleet Save Destination / Target?

This is where it can get a little tricky, especially for new players. A Fleet Save target is going to be one of your Planets/Moons or another Player’s Planets/Moons. In some cases a Debris field can also be a usable target.

** You should launch all of your fleet missions from a Moon always and under all circumstances, this includes Fleet Saving! **

When you launch your fleet operation from a Moon, your enemies cannot scan for you using the Sensor Phalanx stations on their Moons. So, launching a Fleet from a Moon hides it from other players.

So, armed with that information you can easily come to the conclusion that the best way to Fleet Save is from Moon to Moon.

Here are some tactics I use when I fleet save:
1. Fleet Save by using a Deploy Mission to one of your Moons.
a. In my opinion, the safest way to Fleet Save.
b. Best protection for your Fleet Save if someone destroys one of your Moons looking for your fleets.
c. Assuming your scheduling is accurate and your Fleet Save will not land before you log back in the game for an extended period of time.
d. Cuts down on a chance that your fleet will be caught on a return trip after a Moon is destroyed, since Deploy missions are one way.

2. Fleet Save by launching an Attack mission on an inactive player’s Moon.
a. Another safe way to Fleet Save.
b. Using only one of your moons cuts the chances of your fleet being detected when an enemy destroys your moon.

3. Fleet Save by launching an ACS Defend mission with 0 hold time on a Moon of an Alliance member.
a. Also a good way to Fleet Save.
b. If your Alliance has numerous Moons, it could be hard for someone trying to expose your fleet by destroying Moons randomly.

4. Fleet Save by launching an ACS Defend mission with 0 hold time on a Moon that I own.
a. Adequate method for Fleet Saving.
b. If you are not careful, it can be pretty easy for your enemies to pick up your fleet in orbit during Espionage missions. They can find your common Fleet Save destinations and destroy the Moons, which will then expose your fleet to their Sensors and they will destroy it.

5. Fleet Save by launching a Recycle mission from a Moon to a Debris Field.
a. Its a pretty safe way to go, only 1 moon involved so again it cuts down on the chances of being detected when a moon is destroyed.
b. I consider this a cheap exploit, so I don't use it...

When Do I Fleet Save?

Fleet Saving can be done at any time. The best time to Fleet Save is before you log out of the game for any amount of time.

Depending on your schedule, you will need to fleet save for different amounts of time. This is accomplished in a few decent ways.

1. By having enough Fleet Save targets at various distances away from your launch location to vary the round trip return time.

2. By adjusting your fleet’s speed prior to launch, this can get pretty accurate and be the best option for your scheduling needs.

Important Fleet Save Information

Remember, not to use Transport if you are carrying all of your resources as it will drop the resources at your Fleet Save target!

Fleet Saving between your Planets or a Moon and a Planet is very unsafe. They can be picked up on sensors, and destroyed.

If you are Fleet Saving between two of your moons constantly and very routinely, you must be aware that a crafty enemy can still get lucky with spy probes and catch the two Moons you fleet save at. If one of those moons is destroyed during a Fleet Save operation, then your fleet will default to the Moon’s mother Planet thus revealing your fleet to Enemy sensors!

If you fleet save with ACS Defend, ensure that your “hold time” has been set to 0 hours! If your hold time is set for longer than 0 hours, your fleet is left in orbit at the target and can be picked up by standard spy probes. If you need more time to Fleet Save to suit your schedule, you can adjust your fleet’s speed rather than select a hold time.

Fleet Save Rules

1. Always Fleet Save

2. Always Fleet Save from Moons to other Moons and / or other undetectable fleet save targets such as a Debris Field
Last edited by AvatarAcid on Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Fleet Save LLL - Learn it, Love it, Live it

Postby MegaMedes » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:22 am

Outstanding work Av. Thanks for taking the time and doing this.

I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight. May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I surely will not.

Postby AvatarAcid » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Not a problem, happy to help and everyone should know what Fleet Saving is!

I have added info on Fleet Saving to a Debris Field. But that = :evil:

Postby Sandman » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:53 pm

Thanks, Av.

You provided some alternatives I hadn't thought of (e.g., debris fields). :)

Postby bearinthemornin » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Nice post AV maybe we should add this to the wiki or the tutorial?

Postby Eterna » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:46 am

love it! GREAT WORK AV!
Site Admin

Return to Tips and help topics