EternaVerse
The Forum

Development Goals - ALL SHOULD READ!!

Share Tips and other useful information or post your own game guides, the best ones will be made sticky.

Re: Development Goals - ALL SHOULD READ!!

Postby warchild » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:24 pm

-deleted- content irrelevant and inappropriate
warchild

Postby Bruin22 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:48 pm

edit out the comment to something relevent and appropriate as Avatar did, or it will be removed. No flaming of any sort is allowed in this forums, and especially none of that kind as it is obscene and borderline vulgar.

Thank you
Bruin22

Postby Eterna » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:46 pm

First off, it has been well established that the shields are a major priority.
However it will take time.

Telling me to fix it will not speed the process.

As to the entire last half dozen posts or so... all of them were completely off topic.
It's a well established fact that AlienVPS, our host, is failing to provide the service I'm paying for.
Since they first made excuses, we remained customers but Christmas and now all of this a month later.. just NOT worth the trouble.

The server problems have cost you all gameplay, but it's cost me MORE in development time.
Why else do you think I'm asking for help? I don't have time to fix the bugs and keep people from slapping eachother here and in the game.
As the game is a Beta, something which I can't say often enough... Most of the competition with known bugs and other issues (some worse, some minor) do not tell you you're playing a Beta, or an unfinished product.

Technically I could say "hey, this is version 1.0 just because it works" and be just like the "other guys" or I can start right from the bottom.
We're at version 0.3.106 in my books. 3rd major revision, 106th milestone. First revision was when I started (0.1) even though a good portion of the source script calls itself version 1.3. Version 0.1 had about 85 revisions. Version 0.2 had over 130, had my first svn failure and moved to off-site. Version 0.3 is up to 106 revisions loaded, with a new one on the way.

I have about 30% of the game to how I feel it should be.

That's not much.
I feel there's more needed - more features, more refinements, more corrections, more improvements, and more.. more..of what makes EV EternaVerse.
You all need to realize that I'm not only writing new code, but fixing old code.
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby bearinthemornin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:06 pm

I think all of you are missing a big point of interest....
We are Beta Testers.
Beta Testers Mostly never get to keep their original accounts.
Once the game goes Public we will all have this huge advantage of already Knowing how to do things right in this game to gain access to the top.
There is no reason other than selfish pride for us to not start fresh like every other player that will come online with us.
I have not been here since the very beginning but I have been here for quite a long time.
With that being said I love your ideas Ryan, and to date, I think you have done an excellent job.
If there is anything a non-programmer can do to help you let me know.
bearinthemornin

Postby warchild » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:39 pm

their was nothing relavent obout his post you tosser .the last 4 weeks AVs been bagging out EV trying to get most of kreig to VM or start new games and quit EV.I GUESS YA DIDDNT C THE OBVIUOSLY AMENDED POSTS PRIOR TO MINE BY AVATAR ACID but i guess thats normal for you lot.
warchild

Postby Bruin22 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:53 pm

next time you or anyone has a problem with the way I do things around here in the forums, stop whining here where important stuff is going on, private message me or another mod, or hold your tongue. Nobody wants to read your insolence and attacks while important events are going on in-game. There are simply enough unecessary posts here and I'm not going to waste my time replying to anymore messages in an important topic. I have enough things to do. I am not a forum moderator for no reason and I understand how everything works here.what am I gonna say, avatar edit out the inappropriate content of your messagess. . . .oh crap you already did. Its not my fault you didn't log back in to see my comments in time. ENOUGH already!
Bruin22

Postby Taaxi » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:17 pm

Mod Baiting- No discussion of previous moderator action is allowed in public. Megamedes.
Taaxi

Postby Bruin22 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:25 pm

then explain what i fail to see instead of just saying it. graphic discussion not allowed. flaming is not allowed. and irrelevant posts are unwanted in the forums. AV had already edited it. what am i supposed to do. what do you want. all anyone does is complain and point a finger just cause im not ruling in your favor. talk is cheap.help me help you. how about you guys make my job easier and instead of flying off the handle like your friend here, look at things from my perspective.
Bruin22

Postby AvatarAcid » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:36 pm

edited to nullify a double post.
Last edited by AvatarAcid on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Taaxi » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:33 am

I can only assume that we're adults here. I know bruin is barely so... It's pretty pathetic that certain voices get stifled, while others are allowed to flow at will. I, for one, abhor censorship without a VERY good reason. Vulgarities, while I choose not to use them, is not a good reason. I get the feeling that certain forum moderators are biased, and choose to overlook the posts made by their friends, yet punish those made by others. I had felt as though Bruin had something against my allies. After discussions with him, this feeling dissipated, but this latest round brought those feelings to to the forefront. It's a sad state when a player/moderator can't draw a line between the 2 roles.
Taaxi

PreviousNext

Return to Tips and help topics