EternaVerse
The Forum

Farming guide

Share Tips and other useful information or post your own game guides, the best ones will be made sticky.

Farming guide

Postby devinrayl2 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:40 pm

Farming guide!
How to gain permanent points

I've been taught so much by this
and i thought it's time to give something back.

For those of you that don't already
know i'm going to give you my guide
to farming.

Everyday there is millions of resources (res) produced on planets by inactive (I) players. you can tell an inactive player because they have an (I) next to their name.

To farm these res all you need is
small cargo (sc) and espionage probes. to start you want to attack the planets with no defense. Go to the galaxy screen and go 20 systems on either side of your planet. spy every planet with an (I) next to the name. go through the reports and any that have no defense. click attack and send just the right amount of small cargo (sc). this can be done using simple math. you can only take half the res on a planet on each attack. so add up the total of the planet. for example 200k metal, 110k crystal, and 50k deut this totals 360k. you can only take 180k res. each small cargo holds 5k res so divide the total by 5000, so 180,000/5,000 equals 36. send 36 small cargo. after a little while you will be able to instantly do the math in your head.

Sometimes you won't get a full spy report, this is because your espionage level is to low. Don't attack without a full spy report as you could be sending your cargo into a mountain of defense.
to get a full report you can upgrade your espionage technology level.

You want to send out as many attacks
as possible so increasing your computer technology level gives you an
extra fleet slot. i have 14 fleet slots so when i'm farming i send 13 attacks leaving 1 slot open for fleetsaving (fs).

The more small cargo you have the more res you bring back each time. if you send out 500 small cargo farming you will bring back a possible 2.5m (providing you've sent the right amount to each planet) if you do this 3
times a day that's 7.5m. 7 days a week makes 52.5m with just 500 small cargo.
Obviously real life gets in the way sometimes. find a routine to suit you. it takes me 10 minutes in the morning to send out small cargo. i do this while getting ready for work. then again when i get home and once more before bed.

Eventually you will find your farms
began to dry up. this is ok you just start farming further away. go 40 systems on either side of your planet,
or relocate your fleet to another planet in a different area and come back later.

I currently have 4,500 small cargo so on a good days farming i could make a possible 50m from 1 round.

If you have a moon use it! farm from your moon not your planets, this reduces the risk of someone seeing your attacks.

As you get more confident with your farming you can build warships to accompany your small cargo to wipe out planets defenses.

Sometimes you find a planet with a few million of res on it and taking only half seems wasteful. well you can send multiple waves of attacks. it's easy to do. once you have worked out how many small cargo to send you just halve the amount for the second wave and again for a third. for example send 300sc, than 150sc, and 75sc for the third.
devinrayl2

Recycling debris fields

Postby devinrayl2 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:43 pm

Recycling debris fields!

When your going to attack a fleet you want to sent recyclers first. you do this by going to fleet page selecting the number of recyclers you want to send. than click on "continue" on the next page you manually enter the cords to send your recyclers to than where it says moon/planet you select debris field this sends your recyclers to this debris field. ( you don't have to worry about if its a moon or planet because they share the same debris field). make sure to write down the travel time (this is important because you will need it to know when to send your fleet) than click on "continue".

When you get back to overview page go back to fleet page than select the ships you wish to send and hit "continue" enter the cords to the moon/planet. write down the travel time of your fleet. (Do Not Send Fleet Yet!) back out of your fleet screen to overview page. now is where you will find out when to send your fleet by doing a bit of simple math. you will subtract your fleet travel time from your recyclers travel time this will give you your window of wait time before you can send your fleet.

(Example) Lets say your recyclers will take 1hour and 20 minutes to get to the debris field, but your fleet only takes 57minutes to get to your target. (here's the simple math part) you take 1 hour and 20 minutes an subtract 57 minutes from that for your fleet travel time. this will leave you with (23 minutes) meaning that if you wait 23 minutes after sending your recyclers to send your attacking fleet than they will both get to the cords at the same time. now this is now what you want so you will send your attacking fleet 22 minutes after your recyclers are sent. (why you may ask?) well if you sent your fleet 23 minutes after sending your recyclers you would not have enough time to safety probe. (safety probe) you safety probe by ACSING yourself and sending a probe slowing your fleet down enough to spy your target one last time about 2 minutes before your attack hits your target.

The reason you safety probe is to see if your target has moved more fleet on that planet/moon but also by safety probing you will throw off anyone that might be lanxing your attack and planning a return attack on your fleet to your planet/moon. safety probing is also used to know if someone has moved more ships on a moon using a jumpgate. this is called a jumpgate ninja.

Note! their does not have to be any debris field to send your recyclers. this is also handy when you have only one moon. its called a recycle fleetsave. you just send all fleet and resources at a slowed down speed, making sure you will be on when it returns.
devinrayl2

Re: Farming guide

Postby Eterna » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:17 pm

Excellent post here! Props for writing this!
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby Spawn » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:54 am

This will be excellent for any newcomer.
Spawn

Postby Eterna » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:13 pm

When the new in-game forum is complete, this will be a first read for newcomers.
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby FatalGravity » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:48 pm

I would also mention that if you find a world with many res, but not a full spy report, it might be possible that tjere is no defense at all. There is another, easier way to remedy this issue. I do it all the time: Just send a probe to attack the said world. That way the full combat report you get shows you what you're up against. There might be 50b res and only 1k rocket launchers, but if you can't see the defense, there is no shame in sending an attack probe. ;) Hope this helps as well.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
FatalGravity

Postby devinrayl2 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:43 pm

thank you everyone for the feed back those are game guides i used before coming here to eterna but they work here as well, i'm currently working on some just for eterna.
devinrayl2

Postby Eterna » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:25 pm

A how to on getting darkmatter would help noobs quite a bit ;)
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby sinderion » Sat May 02, 2015 7:21 am

You need expedition! once you have that research you can explore the galaxy. But easy Darkmatter is doing quest or daily reward. Go to your commander at the left side menu, there you can do quest to earn darkmatter but also lvl up your commander too. So you kill two birds in one stone.
sinderion

Return to Tips and help topics