EternaVerse
The Forum

Outer rings war, TOB vs VOED

Have a grievance or Want to wage war on another Alliance?

This is the only place in the Forum where some flaming is allowed - discuss the front here.

Outer rings war, TOB vs VOED

Postby Scourge » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:26 pm

The terms: no Mercs, no allies, lasts a week from the declaration (October 27th 22:20:00)

Cause: Just for fun, nothing serious, might even end up giving them tips if their nice.

Other: I want a weeks time period just because it'll give my guys more time as well as our enemy. Like, a day is fun and all, but a week or longer would show off an alliances ability to work together and survive. Since this is a war for fun I doubt it'll be hardcore but you never know XD

Now, I hope the leader of VOED accepts the war lol.
Scourge

Re: Outer rings war, TOB vs VOED

Postby Lawless726 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:44 pm

24hr to make a decision but within the first 2 i do not agree..mainly for the fact that u have already started attacking my people!! You cross the line before it was even placed down...OK then!! u can go down your present path and ill get my allies involved then u can get yours involved; before you it this will be and all out war!!! now what i'm thinking is whatever damage your about to inflict on yourself and my people should be recall!! if you're truly interested in a battle of might let me sit with my people and disgust their intersect in all for this....
"Just a war for the heck of it. Terms: No Mercs, no allies, a time limit of one week starting at the declaration of the war." your words right.

GAME RULES: The war will not be valid until approved, then will be started 24 hours after the admin posts approval in the Forums.
Leave you with this question;how do you wanna do this???
Lawless726

Postby Scourge » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:04 am

He had resources down with only sats deffending, it was just a raid lol. If I wanted to I'd have hit the planets where he has a few hundred different ships not the one where he had 50 sats and what? 500 total deffense?

Now calm down and think it through mate, if you read my forum post I\'m just in it for the fun and if you guys act respectful so will I and I'll keep my members respectful as best as I can. Plus I did offer you guys tips and such if your nice about it lol.

So far you just got mad, yes there was a reason, but i hope I have shown its nothing to fret about.

And the way I wanna do it as specified, no allies, no Mercs, and one weeks time.
Scourge

Postby Eterna » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:52 pm

**not commenting as an admin, instead consider this as a player**

Currently the entire war system is based on the honor system - the rules were written when I had very active admin and I had a huge amount of free time - unfortunately they are literally impossible to work with at this time.
The only reason for the 24 hour notice was when there was no hard-coded bashing rule - that rule was ALSO on the honor system. Only people who read the rules followed them.. the system didn't prevent you from breaking them.
That said, about 1 in 10 wars were ever posted in the forums - this is due to us having a rather clunky forum...

I believe the whole rule on alliance wars and how they are initiated, how terms are set, how the war affects the hard-coded bashing rule, and how wars are calculated should all be brought under review.

The current text is in regards to the old "honor" system which sadly was nothing but a joke. An assumed rule is not the same as an enforced rule.

Additionally, I believe that during a war period the rules should be off for both ally members, but only against eachother. I also want to have it so the total damage is calculated and displayed on the alliance page.

Anyone who agrees with me, or has something else to add, please start a new topic in suggestions!

Cheers

***NOW I'm speaking as an admin***

This war is invalid if the opposing leader refuses to participate - I will stand by that rule. Since the 24 hour limitation was to prevent people from declaring war to circumvent the bashing rule I cannot claim that an attack that is performed within the bashing rule is a breach requiring repayment.

The current method of having an alliance declare war and no hard-coded limit is a major flaw in the logic behind the instructions. This is planned, just not done yet.

That said, because this is the first time anyone has taken the time to establish logic and reason to the rules I will replace the lost resources. I will not take the resource back from the attacker. Please, someone send me the CR, or any CR's performed due to the declaration of this invalid war.

The rule desperately needs rewriting - I would appreciate it greatly if you both could assist in tweaking it to meet current conditions - and what we all want in the future will be shaped with the help of anyone interested.

With the addition of the Alliance War... it's use, limits, and benefits need to be established - right now it's just a "see, I told you it could be done!" add-on.

I haven't established rules on it yet, simply because nobody has suggested any!
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby Scourge » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:02 pm

Awz, alright XD but he still has 3 hours to accept XD
Scourge

Postby Lawless726 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:15 pm

ok we agree to the terms get it set up...but clarify this a week before the attacks or a week of attack???
Lawless726

Postby Scourge » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:22 pm

Yay, we have a war ^^ good luck!
And a week of attacks. So the war ends at 22:20:00 November 3d.

So yeah XD good luck!

And admin, do we need to post TD reports on the forum? Or is that handled in the new war system?
Scourge

Postby Eterna » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:21 pm

TD reports are at the alliance's discretion.

Ideally each alliance will separately tally up the TD and post it publicly.

The new system planned will total this automatically.

Good luck to both alliances!
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby Scourge » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:27 pm

XD Kk.

And you should have a forum place where we can give forum suggestions. I have a few XD I like make forums so I know what could help this forum out.
Scourge

Postby Eterna » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:03 pm

well not sure if you noticed but there is plans to have the in-game forum expanded so all players can access the forum in-game without additional login crap.

Unfortunately that means that this forum will have to be selectively migrated... a daunting task.
Eterna
Site Admin

Next

Return to Alliance Wars