EternaVerse
The Forum

ATTN: EV Enforcers

Have a grievance or Want to wage war on another Alliance?

This is the only place in the Forum where some flaming is allowed - discuss the front here.

ATTN: EV Enforcers

Postby ace2k » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:03 am

Greetings to the Alliance of EV from ACE. It would seem that one of your members has targeted a planet of mine. His continuous spying and his blatant attack without provocation of any sort will not be tolerated. I have sent a message to one of your stronger members asking to speak with the leader of the alliance of EV. I have not retaliated yet as I wish for a peaceful resolution, but one more attack on the part of the member known as Jesuslikestowearblack will leave me no choice but to protect Myself.

If this attack is sanctioned by the alliance of EV, then so be it. According to the Alliance homepage, EV states that it's members would never conduct themselves as this one has, so I refrain from battle and ask the leaders of the alliance to pass judgement on their member.

If there be war or peace, it should be perused with honor.

ACE
ace2k

Re: ATTN: EV Enforcers

Postby suresh » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:43 pm

Heya

If you leave your fleet and resources you will be attacked for profit ..

Fleet save so no one will attack you
Member of the honourable KRIEGSTREIBEREN
suresh

Postby lust » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:29 pm

yes, learning the proper ways to protect your resources is the most important part of this game, because there will always be people that are willing to break you to get what you have.
i know this, since i am one of those people.

if you wish i can teach you the ropes on the most efficient ways to accomplish this.
lust

Postby ace2k » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:56 am

Thanks guys, he did not do any real damage. I just wanted to find out from EV if I was a legit target for them or if this was a rouge attack. I do not blame everyone in an alliance for the actions of one and the homepage of EV says they are a peaceful type. I did make contact and the situation is being handled.

Thank you EV for the prompt attention to this matter.
ace2k

Postby Bruin22 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:19 pm

mmmm the correct name for them is EVE. . .. EV stands for EternaVerse ;)
Bruin22

Postby ace2k » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:05 pm

My bad... EVE
ace2k

Postby DeathsWill228 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:58 am

To clear up the confusion, to my knowledge the attack was conducted on accident and the perpetrator has apologized. Where this a conscious intentional action, the player would have been exiled. We are not petty raiders, and we will not let rogues slander that reputation. However, it is still important to fleet save your resources, otherwise you will get attacked by opportunists outside of EVE.
"Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people."" The Universe seems neither benign or hostile, merely indifferent."

Carl Sagan
DeathsWill228

Postby ace2k » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:34 am

There was no confusion on my part... I was spied on, and then attacked, and then attacked again. I suppose it gets confusing when everyone jumps on me saying I should be fleet saving and then I would not have been spied on, attacked once, attacked twice by an alliance that claims they would never do this. Hmmmm I suppose if I had fleet saved at that time a peaceful player and upstanding member (who apologized) would not have pulled the trigger three times while aiming at my planet. Right... the apology... I was never apologized too from this player. I showed the battle reports to your alliance to prove my claim but apparently proof of an apology was not necessary. Don't tell me he apologized, I already told your other leader that he did not.

The issue was not centered on weather I fleet saved before the attack.

The issue is that a member of your alliance broke the rules that are posted on your alliance homepage and I asked for justice to be served by the leadership of the EV Enforcers instead of taking matters into my own hands..

Results... situation is swept under the rug and the blame is shifted to me because I had not fleet saved.

The only mistake I see at this time is to allow your alliance homepage to post such high ideals about peace and such and then deal with a situation in this manner. Because it would seem that the EV Enforcers are peaceful unless you have not fleet saved.... right? Or am I wrong again because I did not FLEET SAVE?

I have to go FLEET SAVE before another EV Enforcer alliance member makes another mistake and attacks me REPEATEDLY... again... because I had not FLEET SAVED and then lies about an apology like the last time. The precedence has been set now all can follow..
ace2k

Postby Eterna » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:32 pm

I am merely an impartial observer in this post.

Peacefulness and warlike are two completely different behaviours, however one thing that is almost a rule of thumb is that Profit = Good.
I believe the only reason why anyone has brought up Fleet Saving is because this is a strategy that prevents Profit.

Anyone, peaceful or otherwise, would be hard pressed to NOT attack when a very profitable opportunity arises.

Diplomacy is key when ascertaining whether or not an Alliance is peaceful, threats tend to beget more threats. A word of advice from me as a long-time player of this style of game (not as a developer) is that success in this game is not measured in wins or losses, but how you learn from those wins or losses.

Let me describe a scenario I have seen played out literally thousands of times now.
Player A is puttering along building up slowly, leaving their fleet sitting because "nobody is going to attack that lil fleet". When they are attacked they demand reparations.. yet what do they do with the refund? Build more fleet and leave it sitting.

Take it on faith that nobody is accusing you of causing the problem, they are all merely cautioning that bad behavior (such as not fleetsaving reliably) will often result in tremendous losses and that if you are unable to fleetsave... put those resources into something that can't be taken from you as easily as fleet can.

i.e. defenses rebuild 70% of all losses. fleet does not. buildings and research can't be destroyed... but moons can.

It could have been anyone who attacked you, but instead you had EVEnforcers in your back yard. I think the way they have responded is considerably better than others in the not too distant past would have.

If it were a less peaceful alliance, you could have easily found yourself pushed to the bashing limits... and I really hate seeing that happen.
Speaking of which..

A few months ago someone complained that 5:1 is a terrible noob protection ratio. Haven't had anyone suggest better.
Any thoughts?
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby Bruin22 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:18 am

how about after a certain amount of points it drops to say, for example 3:1
5,000 points and 1,000 points is fine but in the long run like in the frontier, 5 million-25 million is just un fair.
Bruin22

Next

Return to Alliance Wars