EternaVerse
The Forum

noMercyxtreme vs. Singularity

Have a grievance or Want to wage war on another Alliance?

This is the only place in the Forum where some flaming is allowed - discuss the front here.

Re: noMercyxtreme vs. Singularity

Postby suresh » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:04 am

Taaxi wrote:
logged wrote:Taaxi i applied to the Nutzz alliance i will wait for the accept :P...

Welcome aboard, Logged..

GRATZ on the new addition..

by the way what happened to the war?
Member of the honourable KRIEGSTREIBEREN
suresh

Postby Eterna » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:05 am

Re: accusations of not scrapping when it was requested

Let's put this to bed shall we?

GM and Taaxi, there's no need to bring up old history - and here's why.
I not only adjusted about a dozen folks, but I made two people do it at a loss (yes, they had kept the fleets but I removed them and gave the original resource value back).

Several people were PISSED.

The thing is, it's a Beta. Numerous changes happen.
When I drop in the next update, guess what? ALL officers will be wiped, and all players with officers will have the original DM value replaced.

There's currently an overage in the Achievements - when fixed those achievements will have to be acquired again.

Now, cheating is difficult to define. By not abusing the current rules which do not include Pulling and sending a billion resources to your friend... is not cheating. When the (now three weeks late) update comes in.... TRANSPORTS between players is gone. This causes one minor upset - how do players who are ACS attacking share the resources? I'll have to add a "send share of spoils" option that requires a valid Combat Report ID.

Right now, the only way to define cheating is "by circumventing script limitations" or "manipulating data" or "hacking" the game.
I've had several people in who have shown me known exploits in other games, they don't work here.
I've also been aware of the use of Macros - recorded repetitive mouse movements/actions/events that can allow a player to spy in the galaxy much faster than intended. These Macros can operate with little human involvement - so that falls under the "no automation". I am aware of two people using such tools, both have been warned. If their use is continued, I'll have no choice but to install a random "bot prevention" script that will auto-ban players.

Now, I've been very clear with everyone who has come to me about Taaxi cheating.
He's not cheating, he's just identifying the holes in the rules and showing all of you the end result. The only thing Taaxi has ever been guilty of is logging in on his friends account after the account when inactive.
When the game was started, the 50 or so people who helped me shape the rules all said the same thing - REMOVE THE PULLING RULE.
Now you all can see why it's necessary.

*** THIS ENTIRE POST IS OFF TOPIC ***

Let's please keep the topic to the war at hand, not airing dirty laundry.
I have no favourite, but kudos to you for sticking it out in the face of adversity.

I think a worthy addition to the planned WAR system will be a "pot" where the victor takes the spoils.
Eterna
Site Admin

Postby Taaxi » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:18 pm

Eterna wrote:
Now, I've been very clear with everyone who has come to me about Taaxi cheating.
He's not cheating, he's just identifying the holes in the rules and showing all of you the end result. The only thing Taaxi has ever been guilty of is logging in on his friends account after the account when inactive.

Thanks for clearing that up. By the way, my friend who had quit playing was visiting me from out of state for the weekend and he logged in from my computer, just to see if his account was still there :)
Taaxi

Postby DeathsWill228 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:36 pm

Thanks for ending that conversation. It was going way off track.
"Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people."" The Universe seems neither benign or hostile, merely indifferent."

Carl Sagan
DeathsWill228

Previous

Return to Alliance Wars