EternaVerse
The Forum

Development Goals - ALL SHOULD READ!!

Have a grievance or Want to wage war on another Alliance?

This is the only place in the Forum where some flaming is allowed - discuss the front here.

Re: Development Goals - ALL SHOULD READ!!

Postby Taaxi » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:12 pm

The nature of the game, with the exponential increase in price and diminishing returns on mines and tech, means that the lower players will inevitably catch up. That is, if they put forth the effort and dedication, that those at the top have exhibited.

For this reason, I don't support a server reset. There has been a promise in place since the beginning that there would be no restarted universes. If additional ones are added, I'm ok with it, but not ok with a reset.
Taaxi

Postby MegaMedes » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:26 pm

T - 0 : Frontier goes live
T + 1 month : New Universe is created
T + 3 months : New Universe is connected to Frontier

This accomplishes two things, gives people an option of joining the old hardcore server or joining a new fresh server.

I like this idea, gives new people a chance to join the old Universe. With the current player protections in place, not an issue. My mates and I haven't been here since the beginning, but with hard work and dedication, we have moved up in the ranks.

eOs mate, if you want this to be a truly great game (which right now, it is pretty freakin' awesome), then make it like life and the infinite space that we live in. Be able to tame a worm hole that would transport you to the other universes in space, which would come at great cost and dedication. I wouldn't limit it to the top player in each universe. Make it a goal, like the jump gate or the advanced mines. I would leave it out of this universe at the beginning (say 6 months) to give fair advantage to other universes. I am in agreement with not being able to play other universes just as humans can't play in another universe until we advance in technology. We are also limited on the number of planets that we can live on as well, so I would make the maximum for all universes set to 30. To have more than that, one would have to destroy a planet in one universe to create another. I am also for transporting resources between universes, but at great cost ( just off the top of my head 5K DM and a time penalty of 24-48 hours).

Very few people here would be able to agree on a server reset, so I would "shoot that dog where it lies and let it die" :lol:

I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight. May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I surely will not.
MegaMedes

Postby LuliusGaiusCaesar » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:22 pm

I agree with Taaxi
LuliusGaiusCaesar

Postby AvatarAcid » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:20 am

Taaxi wrote:The nature of the game, with the exponential increase in price and diminishing returns on mines and tech, means that the lower players will inevitably catch up. That is, if they put forth the effort and dedication, that those at the top have exhibited.

There is going to be no server reset.

But lets be honest here, they aren't going to catch up(perhaps with constant and obscene pushing yes). Not even the most dedicated player. We as long term beta testers have had access to many glitches, exploits, accidents, and other game events that have allowed us to surge.

If I chose to do so, I have probably at least one chance per day at a 50% success rate to double any fleet I send out in transit. Is that fair? Do new players know how to leverage things like this? Uh, no way.

I'm not going to lower myself to do things like that however, another reason why I'm in Vacation Mode, it cannot even happen by accident.

Postby warchild » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:50 am

well if you had any real experience with these games AV you would know that a dedicated player can make it to the top have seen many examples of it on similar games .and while ur in VM your chances are zero .if you dont learn to play properly and attempt using a little tactics there is no way to get ahead .some players get more time to play if their a good fleeter and miner it can be hard to catch up but ive seen it done easily as many experienced players have and in games with half the options available to us in EV .there are features built into this game that prevent players becoming untouchable but they require practice and teamwork hence the reason we have alliances .your argument is weak and unfounded .
warchild

Postby AvatarAcid » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:31 am

I'm not a point whore like you and the rest of nutz warchild. your argument is invalid.

I just want to point out to all of you haters out there who question why I / we went into Vacation Mode;

and

So all of you guys logged in, enjoy the game!

Postby Oblivion » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:54 am

I have one things to say to all this.. FIX THE SHIELDS.
Oblivion

Postby warchild » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:06 pm

point hog lmao .i havent even tried yet mate so far just been cruising .and cruised all the way here with no defence and a few cargos mate whats your excuse ive not raided fleeted just built and a few months ago i had 1mill you had over 20mill points .the only thing that is not valid is your style of play AV dont start crying cause some take the time and learn to play .if their server issues we all deal with em .they have affected me as well but like i said there are different styles of play for a reason if you choose a style of play that suites your situation at the time especially when a game is in beta .if you cant hack it mate play something easier .just message me AV i can send you a list of educational and possibly helpful games my 8 year old autistic boy plays if you want .
warchild

Postby AvatarAcid » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:14 pm

right now warchild the game is down. started nearly 2 hrs ago. send me instructions on how to log in, and I'll fly over and shake your hand.
Last edited by AvatarAcid on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby AvatarAcid » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:42 pm

sorry warchild, game came back online, no handshake for you.
Last edited by AvatarAcid on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Alliance Wars